- Open the IIS Management console
- At the server level select Server Certificates
- From the Actions Pane click on "Create self-signed certificate"
- Specify a friendly name
- Click OK
- The cert will now be listed
- To check it out double click the friendly name and the cert will open up
- You will not the the issues to and issued by are the same and hence it is a self-signed certificate
The limitation to self signed certs is that they are not trusted by anyone.
But they can be handy form time to time and in cases like FTP-ES it does not really matter what cert you use as long as you use one to enable the encryption.